1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I do avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand. The only Lion Brand I like is the Thick and Quick wool/acrylic stuff b/c it look like it could knit up something an old salty sailor would wear.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don’t spin and while I can crochet, I usually prefer not too.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My Denise interchangeables come in their own case and the rest reside in my needle roll.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting on and off for about 7 years. The last 3 years its grown into a bit of an obsession. I’d put my skill level at intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon wishlist – there is a link to it on my about page.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I am totally allergic to anything floral. I love vanilla and any spicy or nutty scents (cinnamon, almond, nutmeg, coconut). Bright fruity scents and earthy scents (ie: apple, pumpkin or ginger) are great too. Basically if you can eat it, I can smell it.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do. I love dark chocolate. Anything with dark chocolate. I hate white chocolate. Anything chocolate-peanut butter is great, too. Oh, and those caramels with the vanilla creme in the middle. Those are a serious weakness of mine.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Knitting is my only big craft. I paint, bake, take pictures and fool around on the web, but I believe knitting is the only real craft in the traditional sense of the word.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I can play MP3s. I LOVE Low, Sigur Ros, The Album Leaf, Wilco, Weezer, His Name Is Alive, Pulp, Neil Young, Will Oldham (and any other Will Oldham endeavor) and Songs: Ohia to name a few.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love Autumn colors (dark reds, oranges, rich browns) and Spring colors (violets, vibrant greens, bright crimsons) I always love black and gray. I can’t stand pastels, white, and really strong blues.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my boyfriend of 3+ years, Josh. We don’t have any pets yet, but we desperately want a french bulldog named Baxter.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all of them, but I have yet to make a poncho, mostly b/c I am just not that patient. I loves scarves and I am probably one of the only knitters out there who has yet to make a clapotis!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Brown Sheep Lambs Pride, hands down! I like all wool really but there is something special about Lambs Pride!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am not a big fan of cotton or anything very thin and fuzzy. A bit of fuzz is cool but some of the fuzzy baby kid out there is just a nightmare!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? For Xmas, my friend Mary got me a ton of plain wool and some koolaid to learn how to dye my own. And I love felting! Love it!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting bags, hats, scarves and fun little things.
17. What are you knitting right now? I am knitting a Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire scarf for Josh
(god help me, the bloody thing is in the round so its going to take me ages to finish it!) and I am slowly working on the Northern Lights Mittens
from KnitPicks (my first Fair Isle and mitten project).
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I usually knit everything on circulars.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I am a bamboo only girl but I got a set of Denise Interchangeables. Now I love those too.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a yarn winder but I don’t own a swift.
22. How did you learn to knit? From a 7$ book called "How To Knit"
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 2 Years! Thats bad! Its a poncho and I am going to frog it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I like bats and bugs and turtles and chickens and lizards.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Its a tie b/w Christmas and Halloween.
26. Is there anything that you collect?2 I like old postcards of odd images (things that make no sense on a postcard) and I like old family pictures of people I don’t know.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None yet.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I am open to just about anything, surprise me!
29. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I’d like to learn to cable. My Fair Isle is a mess, I would love to improve it. Learning to hand spin might be cool.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am not a sock knitter.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) July 29th (07/29)