1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I LOVE wool and alpaca. I don’t mind acrylic blends, so long as they feel good and are pretty. But please, no Red Heart or Caron. I really HATE all things cotton and I have absolutely no use for ribbon or novelty yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My main needles are my Denise Interchangeables set – which I totally LOVE!!!
I store it in its own handy-dandy plastic case.
How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you
consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself how to knit from a 5$ Takumi pamphlet about 6 years ago. I picked it up and put it down for a couple of years. I’d consider myself an intermediate knitter. I’m pretty sure I could knit anything from a pattern, but my knitting-laziness holds me back! Ha!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, it’s here.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I am allergic to any and all Floral scents. However, I love, love, love fruity and nutty scents especially grapefruit, vanilla, almond, citrus-vanilla and green apple. OOOHHH! I love those!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Pretty much anything but black licorice and white chocolate, which were created by satan for mankind’s destruction. I love anything dark chocloate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I just knit. sorry!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3s anywhere. You can learn about my musical tastes here.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like autumnal colors: crimsons, oranges, apple greens, burgundys, purples, charcoals/blacks, etc,
I don’t really like pink, pastels or day-glow/neons. Really I like any color/verigation that looks deep and rich – succulent if you will…..
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets yet. Just my boyfriend and myself!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all of the above – EXCEPT PONCHOS!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
13. What are you knitting right now?
The Glorious Colors Blanket. See the pattern photo here.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer my Denise Interchangeables. My second choice are light-weight circulars, bamboo if you’ve got em’.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
only a few months…..i think.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Halloween and Christmas!!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Books/yarn/needles/patterns? I’ll take it all! I really need to get the expansions set for my Denise Interchangeables and I’d love some cool Japanese knitting stuff, but that’s pretty hard to find…
As for magazines, I have a subscription to Interweave Knits, but that’s it.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I suck at Fair Isle. I’d like to get better at it.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am sooooo not a sock knitter. I wear a US size 10 shoe.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)