Hi. This should be anticipated by now but yet again I’ve disappeared off the face of the Earth for 6 months. Sorry about that. There were reasons (there always are). Anyhoo, here I am. In light of the New Year, I thought I would list a few general (and some specific) goals I have for 2014 (in no particular order).
- Care less about things I can’t change or things that don’t really matter. I am a genetic, pathological worrier and I need to cut that out. Or at least cut back.
- Simplify my freelance business. Somehow, in my never-ending quest to be perfect I have dramatically overcomplicated the day to day operations of what is essentially a very simple business. I need to simplify it so I can spend less time accounting and more time doing things I actually enjoy. I hate accounting.
- Make more things from scratch. I am happiest when I am creating things. That’s why I’m a digital librarian – I digitize and make accessible unique cultural heritage materials. I like and believe in that. But I need to make more things in my personal life too.
- Give myself a break. I shouldn’t beat myself up if making something (a quilt, a painting, writing, this blog) becomes a chore and I don’t want to do it for a while.
- Take another weekend photography class (preferably two).
- PURGE! Big purge of things we don’t need and then a bit of rearranging of the house.
- Keep up the exercise – 4 gym days a week.
Let’s have a great year everyone!